How to feel like a Complete and Total Idiot:
1. Call the student loan centre to find out how much is still owing on your loan.
2. Wait. Wait some more. Smile, because you know the loan situation is so close to being done with.
3. Tell the nice lady who finally takes your call your SIN, birthday, and pretty much anything else she asks.
4. Realize that you have already paid your student loans. Almost a year ago. Realize it a second after she says "It says here you have already paid them off..."
5. Try and explain to nice lady that it's your husband, he has the loan still sucking the life blood out of your bank account. Being married and all, the debts just become "ours" sort of like a CD collection, or pots and pans...
6. Tell nice lady that Hubby is standing right here, perhaps she could be so kind as to find out how much HE owes on HIS loan.
7. Hand phone to husband.
8. Just as the Idiot Blush is leaving your face, hear Hubby say "You know, I think you're right. I DON'T have any loans with this bank!"
9. Realize that hey, Hubby's loan came through CIBC, therefore, RBC has no freakin' clue what he still owes.
10. Vow to never, ever call that number again.