Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I need a new job.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love teaching. However, I stayed home today, getting rid of a all the food that was in my body (very quickly and efficiently, thank you very much)and I learned a few things.
I need a job that requires me to watch as much daytime crap on TV as is humanly possible. Oprah talking about "The Secret"? Phil asking middle America "So how's that working for ya?", The women on the view all shrieking at each other at the top of their very shrill, loud voices...bring it on. I can take it. Perhaps I could take notes for those poor suckers who have no choice but get dressed and go somewhere to earn money.
Jammies are the best clothes in the world. Big, baggy flannel pj's. I can't believe I don't wear them all day every day.
My cat needs me at home. She slept on me, or next to me, all day. I don't know how she manages when I'm not here.
There are books to be read, Internet to surf, and garbage to watch on the tube. Now I just need someone to pay me to do all this. Any takers?

4 comments:

Azgreeneyes said...

If you find a taker, ask if they could use two! I'm home all day, but as for jammies and Dr. Phil and such, I am lacking! Hope that your food stays put soon!

gmanSet said...

Hmmmm...
Stay at home all day, filling your mind with crappage? Sounds like fun!
Wait a minute...that's what I have been doing for the past two and half weeks!
Don't worry, AverageMom, it gets boring rapidly...maybe I could only stand it for a few more months, but, *sigh* I have to go back to Bureaucracy April 2 :(
I have been trying to find someone to pay me to stay home and do diddly all day, but the Wife is not too keen on the idea...
Ciao.

Undercover Angel said...

I love jammies too! They are just so darn comfy...

Dreama said...

If you can convince someone to pay you to stay at home...sign me the hell up.