Monday, August 04, 2008

Happy Anniversary to us!

This morning Hubby took the kids out before I woke up, and when they came home they brought me gorgeous red roses, and breakfast. Mmmmm. This afternoon, I went to a day spa and had the best pedicure of my life, courtesy of a gift certificate from Hubby. And then for supper, we all went out for dinner together.
It's our anniversary. I'd like to say I get this royal treatment everyday, but then it would get old. Really, how much pampering can a woman take?
It's been 12 years since we promised to love each other forever. That sounds like a long time, but it's just flown by. If I had to do it all again, I would. He is still the one I would choose, with no hesitation. I can't imagine a better partner for my life. If the next 12 years are anything like the last 12, I will be luckiest woman alive.
All of this sounds so trite, so Hallmark, but it's true. For once, I don't have the words.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you and Hubby. It's refreshing to hear of relationships like yours. Most people nowadays don't make it that far.

koreen (aka: winn) said...

I'm glad you got one of the very few good ones. You deserve it. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

congrats and mozol.

LK

Don't Bug Me! said...

Congratulations! Mr. DBM are heading for 10 years in March. It hasn't all been plaining sailing, but what ever is?

L said...

Congratulations! Happy Anniversary!

MaryP