Saturday, December 13, 2008

I have nothing to say, and lots of words to say it with.

I'd like to tell you a wonderful, witty story that would warm your heart. I don't know any such story right now though.
The highlight of my day was breakfast/lunch with Bev, a friend from work. We made sure no one could hear us, and then we muttered and grumbled and bitched and moaned about work until we felt better. Then we went shopping. A good day!
As a teacher, I do not enjoy the week before Christmas break. The kids are wild, the principal is saying "no movies!" and the kids are complaining that I am mean to ask them to work. Parents are calling to tell me that they have "suddenly" decided to go on vacation a week early, and they will be by in 15 minutes to pick up Junior's homework for the next month.
When I'm not at work, I'm flying around town, trying to do everything at once.
I love shopping, I really do. But I wish the idiots would stay at home. December is not the time to go to the store, and stand in the aisle chatting with your neighbor. You are blocking the cereal shelves, and it's pissing me off. If you have never used the "self checkout" before, December is NOT the optimal learning time. For god's sake, go stand in a line with a cashier. Especially if you have 3 carts full of stuff, and computers make you tense. Do not, under any circumstances, bring all 6 of your snotty, snuffly children to the store. They are not having fun. You are not having fun. Most importantly, I am not having fun.
Do you want to hear the good news? Let's move on, then, to cheerier topics.
I have hung a large collection of stockings around the house. Very festive looking. This morning, the Terror's walked around delivering parcels to each stocking. I got a jingle bell bracelet. Hubby found a pair of pink sunglasses in his stocking. Since it was Saturday, they were having a "jammy day" and so they were all snuggly, and cute, and full of holiday love.
My new laptop and I are deep into our new relationship. It's still the beginning, so I spend all my time thinking about it. It's the first thing I see in the morning, and the last thing I see before bed. I find the squeaky space bar cute. The cats are banned from my desk, in order to protect my New Love from the horrors of cat fur. I find myself randomly checking the local news and weather sites, just so we have an excuse to spend time together. In fact, that is the main reason for this rambling post....quality time with my Baby. I hope you've enjoyed it as much as we have.

5 comments:

koreen (aka: winn) said...

You crack me up. Your new love indeed! ;) I totally know what you mean. Have a good one!

Anonymous said...

Hubby and I tried the Self Check-Out once at that dreaded grocery store...and it was NOT a time saver in the least! Man, did that piss me off, standing there waiting for ages for out turn. And then when we finally did get up to bat, the mechanincal voice drove me to the edge of violence. "Put the item in the bag". The item IS in the damned bag!! *twitches*

Sorry, seem I still have issues.

Your Love Affair with your new laptop sounds hot! I hope your Hubby won't get jealous.
:-)

Siren

dogsled_stacie said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new self-checkout!!! The less time I have to spend interacting with humans, the better!!!!

Ashley said...

Reader #2 here, under Danny's orders. I agree, on a few fronts here :)

Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm here via DGM- love your writing! I agree wholeheartedly with everything you said about shopping in December- i try to avoid it when possible.

I have to admit that I'm jealous of your relationship with that new laptop. Surely the right one for me is out there somewhere...