Sunday, August 22, 2004

Intro to boring old me

Well, here goes. I have started a blog. When you consider that only 2 weeks ago I'd never even heard of the things, this is quite impressive! Why would someone like me try this? Lack of adult conversation is my biggest reason. I am a chatty person, married to a quiet person, with 2 kids whose combined vocabulary is under 200 words. Winter is coming, and here in the Yukon that means it will be dark and cold and very very pathetic. Maybe a blog will give me a way to feel like I am not really a bear in a cave, even if I do get furry and cranky by the end of November.
I guess I should say a bit about myself. To me, it all sounds pretty dull, but maybe somewhere out there another dull person will read this and think "hmmm. A soul mate!"
I have been married for 8 years. We have a 2 year old daughter, and a 4 month old son. As of last Thursday, we are officially done having babies. TOO MUCH INFO ALERT: Hubby had the big snip done, and I'm sure when he is able to walk again without moaning he will agree that it was a great idea.
I live in Northern Canada. I'm originally from the East, but I agreed to move here with Hubby and give it a 2 year shot. Now I've been here 6 years, so I guess it's home! We are both teachers. He teaches grade 7/8/9 in a small school right now, and I am staying home with the Terrors for another year. When I was working I taught high school English. I shouldn't admit that, because now I'll get messages correcting my writing!
I really don't think there is much else to say about me. Hopefully I have something interesting to say next time. School starts tomorrow, so Hubby will be returning to the world outside, and I will start my slow descent into loonytoon world, where I talk to myself and start thinking about selling the kids on e-bay.
Send me a note, drop me a line. Anyone else out there bored silly waiting for fall TV to return?

No comments: