Monday, August 23, 2004

school days are here again!

Today Hubby went back to work, teaching grade 7/8/9. I am insanely jealous, and I think I might be just insane as well. I miss teaching! I love my kids, I know it's important for me to be here with them, but on the other hand, I really miss going off to work. Teaching high school sounds horrible, I know, but I truly enjoyed it. Staying home has pros, however. For example, I get to watch Teletubbies whenever I want. You can never get enough of those dancing alien freaks. I also get to discuss, at great length, the color of every car that goes by the window. With only 400 people in our town, we don't see alot of cars, let me tell you. The arrival of the big orange water truck was the highlight of that activity.
Today I was just full of "back to school" resolve. I cleaned the kitchen, exercised (nothing like tummy crunches with a 2 year old assistant) and even walked to the library! That took us to noon. Now, thank god, the Terrors are napping and looking like angels. Is it too early in the day for a stiff shot of vodka?

No comments: