Friday, December 31, 2004

cold. so very very cold.

It's warmed up today, all the way to -33 at one point. My mother always said to look for the positive, so I've come up with some "positive" ideas regarding the freakin' cold.
Being so focused on the temperature, I hardly notice the lack of sunlight. Today sunrise was just after 10 AM and sunset will be at 4 pm. But who really cares, it's not like I'm going outside.
The cold causes tons of static electricity. We can play fun games like "rub the baby's head and stick him to the wall" and "pull the blanket over the cat and watch the sparks fly".
Our car is making funny noises, but it doesn't matter because only a fool would go for a drive in this. If I can't start the car, I don't have to deal with the weird noises.
The northern lights are gorgeous when it's like this outside. So if I want to bundle up in every piece of fleecy clothes I own, I can stand on the porch and gaze through frozen lashes at the beautiful night sky.
Okay, that's all I can think of. Enough of the positive thinking, I am going to go find the Christmas rum. Happy New Year to you all!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my god woman!! I'm shivering just thinking about you there.
ACK! Running off to get under MY blankets now too.
happy new year!

michele
coffeesoup.com

Mrs. Falkenberg said...

Kristine:
The lights are gorgeous. I shouldn't complain, I forget that not everyone can see that sight any night of the winter. When I was getting up 3 or 4 times a night with Boy Terror, they were a good reason to sit next to a window. Pictures don't do them jusice.