Okay, everyone else seems to be making a list like this. So even though I am pretty sure my list is going to be very dull, I am giving it a shot. However, after having kept this list in draft form since November, I think I will just go with 25 things about me and maybe later I'll add to it. Maybe (hint hint) I will get asked some interesting questions!
1. I am fat. Sorry, that's just the first thing in my mind. The good news is, I am losing it with "Losing It" blog buddies.
2. I have red hair, which has been either my pride and joy, or the curse of my life, depending on the day.
3. I am married to a great guy. And I love being able to say that.
4. I have 2 kids, girl 2 years and 8 months, and boy 10 months.
5. If one more person tells me I have "a millionaire's family" I will adopt a kid just to make it stop.
6. I grew up in a very strict, religious home.
7. I think I might have run out of things to say already....
8. I was adopted when I was 2.
9. I met my birth mom when I was in my twenties, and it was the best thing to ever happen.
10. We are closer than a lot of mothers and daughters, I think. We e-mail several times a week, and since I didn't grow up with her, I feel free to tell her anything. She's more my best friend than a traditional mother.
11. I have never attended public school. I went to church school my entire life, including college.
12. My education is sadly lacking in many areas.
13. I still think of myself as a teacher, even though it's been 3 years since I was in a classroom.
14. I absolutely love teaching grades 9 -12. I think grade 7-8 is hell on earth.
15. I live in the frozen north. Not just Canada. Northern Canada.
16. I used to love scary books, and suspense movies. I don't know what happened, but now I can't even watch commercials. Age has made me into a wuss.
17. I taught English in South Korea for 14 months.
18. From first hand experience, I know that I do not like extra ovaries in my fish head stew.
19. I have eaten live baby octopus, by choice.
20. I was in labour with my son for just over a month. It's called prolonged latent labour, and it made me very cranky. I thought I dealt with it quite well until recently when I saw a picture of myself during that time. A picture is worth a thousand words!
21. I had a breast reduction when I was 24, and I don't regret it for a minute. However, time and popcorn have taken their toll, and the cute little bras are no more.
22. I lived with my in-laws for 2 years. Not for the faint of heart, let me tell you. Nothing kills your sex drive more than knowing your mother-in-law is just on the other side of the very thin wall.
23. When I was 11 weeks pregnant with my son I was told the baby was dead. For 3 days I waited for the miscarriage to begin, and then at the ultrasound we saw that precious heart beat. Turns out there was a mix-up with some blood work.
24. I have held a Caribou heart in my hands.
25. I have "helped" butcher a moose in the kitchen, on the counter.