Saturday, April 30, 2005

I'm famous, and I eat meat

Lots of you asked if I am still a vegetarian. Nope. I was for most of my life, but when I left home, I became one of those terrible teenage rebels you hear about....I ate meat! I still don't eat much red meat, but plenty of chicken and fish. I know I felt healthier eating a veggie diet. I actually miss a certain brand of no-meat weiners. But, I married a true Yukoner, and as it turns out I really love a good steak now and again. The kids eat meat. Boy Terror eats VERY little, but he's young. Girl Terror was the same way at that age. I think it's a texture issue.

This weekend, I had the most....surreal experience. I met, in the flesh, someone who has read my blog! (Hi, Nicki!) And she lives close by! Mind you, by "close by" I mean "in the same territory". We were grocery shopping, when we happened to run into our neighbour and friendly community cop, Jeff. We chatted for a bit, and then a friendly lady came by and was talking to Jeff. I left to go feed Boy Terror, and I guess she asked if I was AverageMom! I had dropped her an e-mail a while ago, and she just got back from holidays. It was very exciting to be just that little bit famous. It was also weird to meet a total stranger who already knew so much about me! Hopefully we meet again, I think we'd hit it off. I've had dreams of the red carpet and star treatment ever since being Recognized.

14 comments:

Dawn said...

HAHAHA! We are breaking out the sunglasses and red carpet for you right now:)

SquareSlant said...

Make sure you practice "the wave" -fingers cupped, rotating wrist - so all your adorning fans will know you care.

Erin said...

I discovered yur blog while I was bored at work and I just wanted to thank you for the laughs it gave me. Keep it up...

J&J'sMom said...

I bow to you ;0) Sounds fun!

MommaK said...

That is so neat!! I wonder how it would feel to meet a blog friend. Surreal indeed.

aka_monty said...

I can only imagine how wonderful it would be to be recognized like that!
I've met one blogfriend, and we talk on the phone sometimes, and that's so great, to me.

I will send you a pair of 'starlet' sunglasses so that you may disguise yourself from now on...

Michele said...

Isn't it the weirdest feeling?
I wasn't sure if I liked it so much after I thought about it too long.

Party Pascha said...

Oh how weird! I can't imagine having anyone "recognize" me let alone say something to me about it.

vegemiterules said...

Yeah I finally know someone famous!!!!. That must have been great to meet someone that you only knew through blogging.

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Tiara for the queen bee coming by email.

tales north said...

HAHAHA I laughed my head off when you were talking about being famous!! Since moving up here I have found that the only people who would stop you in the street to ask you your name are the ones that live in the north - must be something in the air!!! Look forward to meeting again!

Beth said...

Same thing happened to me back in 2000 - we didn't have blogs, but I was on a message board at a 'walking' site . (Same idea) One day a couple came in asking for Beth - I gave them my best 'yeah, that's me, what's it to ya face' and it turned out they knew me from the board!! They were on vacation from Manitoba and looked me up!! It was very weird and neat at the same time!!

blogdollar1 said...

Hi, I like your blog!. I have a blog about camper in ohio pop up used.
Stop by and check it out sometime at camper in ohio pop up used

Anonymous said...

Just thought i would say hi from Japan. Doing some blog surfing and found your site. Im looking for some cool styles of business free home job posting
for my own blog. Theres some really amazing blogs about. if you have time check out my site you will find information on business free home job posting
. Well when i get my blog running hope you come and check it out.