Monday, May 02, 2005

Things I've said

Things I have said to my child that didn't sound so good once they were out there:
- "Please don't be a carpet licker." (And since I was writing a mass e-mail newsletter at the time, I told all my friends and family that my 6 month old daughter was being a carpet licker.)
- "Go play with yourself in your room."
- "It's nice to share your balls with others."
- "Once it's in your mouth, you have to swallow. It's not nice to spit."

And you thought I was a mature grown-up!

10 comments:

Raehan said...

Just this afternoon I said, "She's a bonking machine!" about my toddler.

She was bonking her head on me.

In Britain, bonking means....

Dawn said...

LOL! We have such a dirty little mind:)

angela marie said...

I once said to my (now 10 year old) toddler son...'You're hot, take your pants off'.

Yup. Still sounds demented. It was totally innocent. Really.

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Okay, I am convinced. You are NOT June Cleaver....

JanetsJourney.com said...

You need to write these down in the baby book. They will laugh their heads off when they are older!

Kimberly said...

Those are funny ones! Luckily they are not old enough (yet) to look at you funny for saying them. My almost 10 year old catches every one of my slip ups now. Its great....(insert sarcasm here)

Sleeping Mommy said...

Niiiiice.

Anonymous said...

that's hysterical!!!

Anonymous said...

mommy knows best!

or does she.... ;)

Shannon akaMonty said...

Fuuuuuuny Mom! ;)
Once when my daughter had to pee when we were leaving the ballpark (she was about 4) and there was no bathroom in sight...I grabbed a towel (for a shield) and we went to a far, dark corner. Then my daughter felt it necessary to repeat everything I said in a horribly loud tone.
ME: Pull down your pants.
SHE: PULL MY PANTS DOWN?
ME: Spread your legs apart a little bit and squat down.
SHE: SPREAD MY LEGS?
*sigh*