I went out on Friday night with some friends. We were celebrating a birthday, sort of, and just in general having fun. I had a great time, but I learned a few valuable lessons.
1. I am far, far too old to start an evening at 8 pm. By the time dinner was over, I was yawning and trying to look perky despite wanting to curl up and take a nap.
2. Middle age women (yes, I think we might be there now) look like fools at most bars. The first bar we stopped at I couldn't get over the age of the people in line with us. They were mere babies! I wanted to ask one girl if her mother knew she went out dressed like that...
3. If I were to wear my oh-so-sexy bathing suit, I would still be wearing way more clothes than most people on the dance floor. Aren't they cold?!
4. The best way to feel young and hot is to go to a bar filled with older, drunker folks. We found that bar on Friday night, and I am ashamed to say we loved it. Had a blast. The band played music we recognized from our youth, and a sweet old man bought us a round of shooters, and all he wanted was for us to come again and bring our friends.
5. Did I mention I'm too old for this sort of thing? Just in case I didn't learn my lesson, the next morning I had it drilled into my skull with a jackhammer. Oddly enough, no one else seemed to hear the jackhammer...
6. If for any reason you are planning to hike a few blocks at -30 C, be sure and wear appropriate shoes. After you lose your toes to frostbite, no one will care about your cute shoes from Korea.