Monday, June 05, 2006

A job! For me!!

I have a job! A real one, with a pay cheque and every thing! This coming fall will find me back in the classroom, teaching high school English and Communications. I will be working in a high school in town. Not the same school as Hubby, but still. Can't have everything.
I had been planning to just substitute teach next year. That way I could stay home with the Terrors whenever I wanted, yet still work enough to make some money. But this job came up, and it was perfect for me. I didn't realize how badly I wanted it until after the interview, when the phone didn't ring for an entire day. I miss working. I miss feeling productive. I miss being able to say "Yes, I'm a teacher" when people ask what I do.
I was so excited when the principal offered me the job, I totally forgot to ask which classes I will be teaching! I'm going to need to know that...
I haven't taught for 4 years. I better get out my books. And find supplies. Oh! I'm going to need to get dressed every day! Woo hoo! Now I just have to remember how to get the pantyhose up, and find some decent work clothes...
I also need to locate a good daycare. And find my way through the guilt.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It sounds like a perfect opportunity to make a change - moving to a new city, getting settled in a new house. Having the kids in daycare will help them adjust, too, and make some new friends. Congratulations again!

Elizabeth said...

Yay!!!!!!!

Congratulations! What an AMAZING turn of events!!!!!

Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

Congratulations! Are there any more openings?

Anonymous said...

Hooray! Congratulations! How exciting for you!

My daughter is off to university this fall for Education. She wants to teach high school English!

She'd be just as happy for you too!

Rootietoot said...

Good for you! A day care will come up, and you will feel guilt, but it will be tempered by doing a job you love.

Northern_Girl said...

Wow - congrats! That will help when trying to budget for a place to live in the city!

(By the way, the longer I do this the more I believe that "mother" is just a euphamism for "guilt" :)