Monday, September 25, 2006

Cough, cough, sniffle, hack

I have been neglecting my blog. I've also been neglecting my e-mail buddies, my house, and my skin. But this is all about the blog.
I have no time to write anymore. Well, I have time, but I'm using it in other ways. I guess now that I talk to adults in real life every day, I don't have that same urge to spew out words at random. I think I'll try to keep it up for awhile, and see how it goes. Part of the problem is that I seem to have run out of ideas to write about.
The only reason I'm writing today is because I'm home sick, and bored. I hate being sick. I dispise the snot, the grossness, the entire hacking up of lungs. I twitch all day, wondering if the sub is following my directions. Then wondering if the sub is reading my day planner, and thinking "Geez, this woman SUCKS as a teacher!"
There are good parts to staying home, of course. If I went to work I'd have to take off my flannel jammies and put on "teacher clothes". I think I would need to brush my teeth. At home, the toilet is only a hop, skip and a jump away. At school, it's a hop, skip, jump, down the stairs, through the hall, up 6 stairs, turn the corner, down the other hall, and past the office. And today is not a day when I feel up to hopping or skipping.
Girl Terror wanted to stay home and look after me today. Such a sweetie. But (oh the guilt, the crushing guilt) I think I might actually enjoy a day at home, just me and the cat. And the snot.

8 comments:

Mary P. said...

I hope you feel better soon! (Nigel in his high chair at the end of the table, says, "Hiya, Dipsy, Ya-ya!")

If you decide to forego the blogging, I'll regret not having any more of your posts - you're in my "daily reads" file. I know you don't post daily, but it means I won't miss any.
However, I totally understand the need to allocate your time differently. I've wrestled with that a few times, myself.

Meantime, enjoy the peace and quiet.

Rootietoot said...

we all have to change our routines from time to time. Feel better soon, I'll think a pot of Jewish Penecillin for you.

sky said...

awww...nice meeting you the other day. hope you're feeling better soon. schools seem to be such a breeding ground, as are offices like mine. I haven't heard anyone coughing at my workplace just yet, but it is simply a matter of time...

debby said...

Blog when you want, IF you want, not because of others' expectations.. and btw, wipe your nose.. you are dripping...

Bethany said...

Yeah, we've all been there. And ain't it sad when the time we get to spend alone is when we're sick?

TC said...

I'm sorry you are sick. It sucks to be sick but a day home once in a while is nice expecially if it means you get to chat with us.

Jenny said...

Feel better, girl!

for what it's worth said...

I hope that you are able to keep blogging. I enjoy reading the tales of the North. But, I also know just how much it takes to keep a class going and keeping up with marking etc...then add kids, sweet little un's ( with or without spots)..time does become a concern.
Now, go and take a Neo Citran...you'll wake up by Friday.