Sunday, October 08, 2006

I am blessed.

My smart, funny daughter.
My adorable, huggable little boy.
The man of my dreams, in my life every day.
A job where I love what I do.
That feeling of belonging and making a difference.
A warm, clean, healthy home.
A kitty's nose pressed against my arm at night.
Living in a country with free speech, clean skies, good health care, and gorgeous land.
Parents. Mine. His.
The sight of frost on yellow leaves glinting in the morning sun.
A good book, an interesting show, a soft blanket.

The smell of turkey roasting in the oven.

Happy Thanksgiving.

6 comments:

debby said...

Happy Thanksgiving right back at yiu..it's nice to take the time every now and again to count our many blessings...

Mary P. said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

My husband is off having some well-deserved quiet time at a cottage; my son is off having thanksgiving dinner with his dad; my eldest is having dinner with my aunt in the city where she attends university, so my youngest and I are off to have a non-traditional Thanksgiving of nachos and taco salad at our favourite Mexican restaurant - which pleases us both no end!

We spent the afternoon soaking up the sun on our porch, each with a book, our feet stretched out and resting on the other one's chair.

I am thankful for good relations with my teenage children.

Raehan said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm glad things are going so well for you.

carol said...

Best Thanksgiving ever! Daughter#1 was home from university for the week-end. This is first time stuff for us, so each moment together was a blessing! I needed to touch her again, you know, to recharge until I get to see her again!

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Rootietoot said...

Life Is Good :o)

for what it's worth said...

Thanksgiving is a wonderful time to reflect on all of those things.
I too am grateful for a wonderful family and friends who fill my home.
Here's to having the things we treasure!
Happy Slightly belated Thanksgiving.