I swear, there was a number one here somewhere. Blogger ate it. (Edited Dec 13, 5:20 pm)
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
What?! You mean sometimes he doesn't even WRAP them? What is THAT all about?!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Every second year it's all white. In between, it's coloured. Marriage is all about the compromises, folks.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Yes, and I expect kisses.
5. When do you put your decorations up?
As soon as possible after my birthday. Usually the first weekend in December.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
The mashed potatoes.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
Hmmm. Spending Christmas night with the entire extended family at Nanny's house, I guess.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I never believed in Santa.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
We did when I was a kid, but now, no.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
Every second year, I use coloured lights, multi-coloured glass balls, candy canes, and any old-fashioned ornaments we have. The in-between years, I use white lights, gold beads, gold, ivory and burgandy decorations and balls. Very elegant looking. Every year, however, the kids add the ornaments they have made, or gotten as gifts in the past years, so there is always a bit of "personality" to the tree.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Before I moved to the Yukon, I loved it. I waited all autumn for the first flakes. Now, I think I've overdosed. October to April is a bit much.
12. Can you ice skate?
Yes, but why would I do that to myself?
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Hubby gave me my engagement ring, hidden in a box made of chocolate, one year. That was by far the best gift ever.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
Trifle, made the old fashioned way. I try, but my mother's was better than any I've ever tasted.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
I watch "Sound of Music" every year, by myself. It sounds weird but I love it.
17. What tops your tree?
A star full of light.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
I admit, I love seeing what Hubby has picked out for me. But shopping for the Terrors, and watching them open gifts is really fun!
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
"Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas"