Saturday, October 20, 2007

Home.

The workshop was fantastic. I have never been to a conference with so many successful, driven, professional women before. We talked, and laughed, and learned from each other. And that was just the beginning!
Joan Grobb Augustino is an amazing speaker and facilitator. If you ever have the chance to be in a workshop with her, I highly recommend it. Before the conference, I thought I understood Personality Dimensions, and the theory behind it. Turns out I really didn't know much! And I had never even thought about the ways in which it could be used as a tool for corporate groups, team building, and work place communication.
The four days away from the Terrors was.....well, I was lonely! This was the first time I have been alone, completely alone, since I got married. I loved the sleep. The king size bed was my friend. I thoroughly enjoyed walking around, eating whatever the hell I wanted, whenever I wanted. I feel like I charged my batteries and found some much needed time with myself. However, I was lonely! I need hugs every day! I missed my wonderful husband. Every thing I saw, I wanted to share with him. There were so many moments when I just wanted to hug my babies.
I spend most of my life being a Mummy and wife. This trip, I was a career woman, spending time with my peers, and it was a real eye opener. I think it's important for all women to find this side of themselves, and be reminded of just how brilliant we are, and what we can bring to our society other than a clean tissue and hot lunches.
I'd do it again in a heartbeat, but this time I would fly home to hug and kiss everyone good-night. Then I'd head back to that huge bed with all the pillows, and keep the remote control firmly in my hand!

No comments: