Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Blogging meme

I've had the questions for this meme kicking around in my draft box for ages, and since I'm stuck in Writer's Block Hell, this seems like a good time to get it out. I don't remember where I got it, so if it was from you, let me know!!!
Leave me a comment and tell me so I know to come see your answers.

1. How long have you been blogging?

Five years and four months. Wow! Time sure flies!

2. Why did you start blogging?

I was living in a tiny rural town, staying at home with two little ones. I happen to be a person with lots of words that must get out every day. With no one to talk to, I turned to the internet.

3. What have you found to be the benefits of blogging?

I love being able to go back and read what life was like a year ago, or even 5 years ago. I know we all think we will remember every cute thing our children ever do, but the sleep deprivation does take a toll! Plus, I've connected with a lot of amazing people on the blogger world.

4. How many times a week do you post an entry?

I don't want to admit this. When I first started, I wrote at least one post a day. Now, I'm struggling to do one a week. I need topics, people!!

5. How many different blogs do you read on a regular basis?

I read around ten blogs. I'm always looking for new ones, so let me know if you have some great suggestions.

6. Do you comment on other people’s blogs?

Not as often as I should, but I try!! Do YOU? Hmmmm? Do YOU LEAVE ME COMMENTS?

7. Do you keep track of how many visitors you have? Is so, are you satisfied with your numbers?

I used to. I don't anymore. I am a praise junkie, though, so more readers and more comments are always welcome.

8. Do you ever regret a post that you wrote?

Yes. Fortunately, Hubby reads this blog, and he isn't afraid to tell me when I need to take something down.

9. Do you think your audience has a true sense of who you are based on your blog?

Probably not. I'm really honest on my blog, but I don't show all sides of my personality.

10. Do you blog under your real name?

No. What, you thought I was really named Average, last name Mom?

11. Are there topics that you would never blog about?

Yes. I like my job, so I keep my mouth shut. Also certain aspects of my marriage are not for public viewing.

12. What is the theme/topic of your blog?

Mostly parenting, but I also talk about my job as a high school teacher.

13. Do you have more than one blog? If so, why?

No. I can barely manage to post here. Another blog would do me in.

1 comment:

therantingteenager said...

1.Barely a month. *blush*
2.I needed an excuse (even if just for myself) not to do my homework right away.
3.It's fun. It makes me think about stuff I would never think about much. It's better than latin homework.
4.Everyday, except sometimes when I'm very busy.
5.....wait let me count....sorry lost count...
6.At times
7.It's too disappointing. =(
8.Not much...but I've hardly written 30 posts yet so we'll see...
9.What audience?
10.Of course! My name is Ranting, nice to meet you!
12.I like to talk about feminist issues and stuff...then various things that are completely off-topic.
13.No.Huh, why should I?

www.therantingteenager.blogspot.com