Monday, September 27, 2010

My germs will not be deterred!!

I've been sick the past few days, with a nasty cold/flu/fever combination. On Saturday I didn't move off the couch. Sunday was much the same. However, my friend called me Sunday to tell me she had my germs, thankyouverymuch. I had warned her. I said "Don't sit near me, this is going to be bad." Late last week, when I felt the first snot drip, and the first fever chills, I told her to stay away! Protect herself! Funny lady that she is, she took some cold fx and assumed that she could fight off my killer germs. Even as late as Sunday, when she called to say her body had let her down, she seemed to feel that the germs would not effect her as strongly as they had me. Ha! Ha, I say!!
Misery loves company, so I had a good laugh this morning (still tied to the couch) when she called and croaked "What comes next? Tell me, what horror is the next stage?"
Friends share. And apparently, friends laugh at each other when they sound like a 60 year old smoker comparing gross symptoms.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I am certain that I will find this hysterical in like 10 years. :)

Anonymous said...

HEY - I happen to BE a 60 year old smoker , and I feel just fine , thank you very much!!! Haven't been sick for years!! LMAO