Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The dog

I love her.  I really, really do.  But......
She ate my glasses.  Scratched one lens to bits, popped the other one out of the frame, and ATE half of it.  I happen to LIKE my glasses, since they are necessary for seeing, and other such things.
She destroyed the lawn mower.  She chewed through an electrical cord on it, and now I'd only ask Hubby to mow the lawn if he was really getting on my nerves and deserved electrocution.
She removed the bottom of a dining room chair.  Chewed the foamy part right out, and spread it all over the house.  And when we duct taped it back together, and covered it with Tabasco sauce, she tasted it and smeared bright orange Tabasco all over the carpet.
The bathroom garbage is like her own personal vending machine.  Toilet paper rolls!  Used q-tips!  YUMM!!!
She thinks the cat is her own personal pet, given to her to terrorize. Poor Scipio.

Fortunately, there is also a lot of love there.
I wear expensive bras.  Gravity defying, reinforced with NASA type material, lined with pure gold expensive bras.  Lucy thinks they are the best thing for flinging around the house, cups flapping around her ears, underwires stabbing out through the teeth holes.

I love her. I do, I do.  But my god, that dog is pushing the limits of my patience.

4 comments:

LisaBC said...

I'm guessing she isn't crate trained. We crate trained our Brussels Griffon puppy last year and she hasn't destroyed the house and goes into her open crate for a nap whenever she wants. At night or when we are out of the house, she is confined to the crate. It gives her a sense of security and us a piece of mind.

Mrs. Falkenberg said...

Actually, she IS crate trained. She is just quick and quiet when in Destroy Mode!

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

ahahah She is just as bad as our two little boys!

Love the photo of her and cat snuggled up together!

dogsled_stacie said...

Aw, how could you get mad at that... the dog & cat cuddling picture is adorable!!!!

She does sound like a handful though. She's so sleek and slim I bet she runs a million miles/hr. Is she full of energy all the time?