Thursday, April 21, 2005

The Boy Terror speaks

Boy Terror has a word. Only one, but he is using his word as much as he can. He says "oh-oh". I know, it's not a big word. But it covers a number of situations.
He drops apple chunks off his chair onto the floor. "Oh-oh."
I lean over to pick apple chunks off the floor, and he drops one in my hair. Sees my face. "Oh-oh."
He falls on his ass for the gazillionth time today. "OH-OHHH."
The cat pukes on the floor. "Oh-oh."
While I'm changing his butt, he lets loose a stream of pee, straight up into the air. Watching it sprinkle all over the place, he gazes at me very seriously, and says "oh-oh".

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

J&J's Mom said...

smart boy!

Raehan said...

Yes, I love the seriousness on their face when they say it. We are just finishing that stage. Except for the peeing part. We've got girls.

Michele said...

Oh, I use the oh-oh all the time. Are we supposed to outgrow that?

Aldon Hynes said...

Hi, Michele sent me. I guess all I can say is "Uh-Oh".

Actually, I'm a blogger, there is no way I can stop at that. Isn't early childhood linguistics fun? Just wait!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's my Boy Terror's only word, too!

Anonymous said...

OH-OH!

Reminds me of my nephew. His nickname is Wheels...as in Hell on Wheels. :)

kenju said...

Seems lots of writers are reminding me lately of when my boy was little. He did the same thing (pee all over me) and say uh-oh.

kenju said...

I forgot to say Michele sent me.

Catherine Detweiler said...

Hello, Michele sent me.

My boy used to say "uh oh" all the time. The jig was up when I realized he said it most often right BEFORE he dropped something from his high chair.

He's 19 now, and doesn't say it till after he messes up now.