Thursday, November 24, 2005

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

I just finished Phase One of the Christmas decorating. Phase One includes evergreen garlands over the windows, with white lights, and odds and ends around the house. Plus, I went nuts in the playroom and hung silver garland, lights all around the window, and the stockings my mother has made for the kids each year. Santa is on a mat in the bathroom, Frosty is on the oven mitts, and paper snowflakes are hanging by the stairs.
Girl Terror is my child, through and through. She oohs and ahhs over everything I pull out. She wants to tell me where to put things. She has a piece of garland about 2 feet long that she's carried all over the house, looking for the "right" spot for it. She remembers where we got each ornament, and she has very definite ideas regarding Decoration Placement. She's a bit annoyed with me because I won't put the tree up yet, and she's very concerned about where exactly I will put it.
Boy Terror, on the other hand, is a perfect replica of his Daddy. I'm not sure he realized we even did stuff this morning. I got him to look up once, at the silver garland draped in the playroom, but he didn't even blink. Just went back to his puzzle. He was quite happy because he got to play alone while his sister was busy. He didn't much care for the hustle and bustle, and kept trying to go off alone, away from the crazy decorating females.
Now I just need to go find the eggnog, put on a holiday CD, and light the candles. I wait all year for this day, and it's finally here. If you need me, I'll be sipping the 'nog, under the twinkling lights, admiring my handiwork. Hubby's going to flip when he gets home....

1 comment:

mama said...

HAHAHAHAHA I love it!!!! I wish we were putting decorations up this year but it will be pointless considering we won't be around to enjoy them. I will just go home and enjoy all the stuff everybody at home has put up - and laugh to myself as we are leaving that they will have to put all of it away once we go!