Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Back from the blackness.

Thanks for the thoughts. I am feeling better, thankfully this was a short-lived mood. Just to respond to a few of your comments:

NJAM: You've got it- just when I think the meds are no longer needed, I get a good kick in the pants to remind me of just how bad it can be.
Mary: The sun is almost in sight!
Sky: My personal "fog" is depression. It comes and goes, but fortunately for me, I respond extremely well to medications, and within a few days of taking the pills I could feel a major improvement. I've quit the drugs a few times (for pregnancy, and once because I'm just stupid like that) and realized that I will be on these chemicals for life.
Hoss: I'd like to think that just smiling and "being happy" would lick this thing, but really, after awhile I can't even fake it. I just hold on and ride it out. It cannot be fixed by "mind over matter".
Rootie: Thanks for the tip! I do cry, at the beginning and again at the end of each episode. On the way down and on the way back up. But while I'm "down there" I have no tears. I have nothing.
Beth: You nailed it. The fall weather, the lack of being outside this past few weeks, and work stress all combined, I think. Of course, the medication screw-up day didn't help! It probably just pushed me over the edge!

All in all, I'm back to the land of the living. I still have my babies, Hubby made it through unscathed, and I'm not spending all day thinking about my bed. It can only get better from here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And try to remember the next time if there was a sensation, a smell, a song, and shirt that brought you out of the slump. Start out by utilizing the "renewal" item and try focussing on the positive it brought.
Oh, Average Mom, I so know what you are feeling.
And again, keep sharing...we're hear to listen and perhaps if appropriate, offer help.

Rootietoot said...

AM- I posted about depression just this morning www.becauseitstoopersonal.blogspot.com

I get it because I'm manic-depressive. Knowing that it's a disorder and not some inherent character flaw helps. A little.

I have also found, strangely, that a big slab of rare beef will lift it for a day or two. If I eat it, that is.