Monday, July 07, 2008

20 things to my 20 year old Self.

When I was 20, I thought I was old. Ancient. Past my prime. Ha! The things I wish I could tell my 20 year old Self! I also thought I was old, ancient, and past my prime when I turned 30, but let's not go there. I'm still in denial.
I don't regret much in my life. Not to say I haven't made mistakes (I did live through the 80's, after all), but I try not to think about the past too much. There are a few things I would like to tell the Past Me, though, if I ever got the chance to time travel. And had nowhere better to go.

Notes to 20 year old Self:
1. You are thin. Seriously. Well, not thin. But NOT FAT. This is as good as you will ever look, so make the most of it , damn it!
2. He's not worth it.
3. Nope, not him either.
4. Get to know a guy, for crying out loud.
5. Going to class every morning is rather important. Get your ass out of bed.
6. That ruffled shirt you think is oh-so-sexy? Not.
7. Do not let your best friend cut your hair, late on a Friday night. There will be photos, and they will last forever.
8. Why on earth are you still friends with her? She's a bitch. Move on.
9. Sometimes you are a bitch. That's not always bad.
10. Only idiots wear Keds all winter long. Also, get a hat.
11. Are you moping around after that guy again? Give. It. Up.
12. A job is not something you just show up to when there's nothing good on TV.
13. Buy RRSP's.
14. Do not buy a car from a friend's husband.
15. There is a reason he looks so cute. You are drunk.
16. You are not going to burn in hell for getting your ears pierced.
17. Your parents are not stalking you. They will not show up unexpectedly. Relax.
18. Stop telling everyone that you don't ever want kids. Trust me, you are wrong.
19. See your hair colour? Maybe snip a piece to use as an example for the future hairdresser.
20. Calm down. Relax. In 17 years, this will seem like nothing. Now go have fun!

1 comment:

Michele said...

I'm so glad to see you back and I loved your list. 2 and 3 cracked me up.