Monday, August 31, 2009

I am boring.

I am boring. This morning, Girl Terror headed off to her first day of grade 2. Boy Terror does not begin school for another few days, so he and I were left at home. Or, to hear him talk, we were totally abandoned without a backwards glance, discarded like a dirty kleenex, and left to rot in the stagnant air of the dull house.
He has nothing to do. No books. No toys. Most importantly, no one to talk to. I tried my best, but I am boring. I read to him. We watched a show together. I built a marble obstacle course that rivals the best roller coaster in the business.
He hugged the cat and told her how sad it is to be alone.
After a week of bickering and fighting and tears and "she said she wants alone time!" and " he won't let me play with ANYTHING" I somehow thought he would be delighted when she left, but instead he has been counting down the minutes until noon, when she will be back to light up his life.

1 comment:

koreen (aka: winn) said...

So cute. I can almost see him moping. =)

Evan complains to me about the same thing. But he doesn't want to do what I want to do, and he sabotages the games when I do play. He just wants a sibling. What can I say.