Thursday, July 01, 2010

Girl Terror turns eight.


I haven't forgotten you, really. It's just been a crazy few weeks with the end of school, Girl Terror's birthday, and house renovations. And then I realized I was neglecting my blog, and I froze. Couldn't think of anything worthy of breaking the silence. It's a vicious circle, I tell you. Anyway.

Girl Terror turned eight a week ago. EIGHT. Do you know how old that is?? She's not a squishy baby girl anymore! I still squish her, though. And I tell her all the time that she is my baby. This year we noticed a lot of growing up. She's taller, yes, but suddenly she's all....mature. Can you be mature at eight? Her friends are little girls I don't know. She talks about people I've never met. She suddenly can do so much! I asked her to describe herself for this entry. Here is what she said:

"Ummm...I love science. I am eight years old. I like nature. I read a lot, just for fun. My favourite colour is pink. I have lots of things I want to be when I grow up. Things like a paleontologist, an artist, a mummy. I like playing Grounders with my friends. I like baking cakes." Then she giggled.

The things she didn't mention are her obsession with saving the planet from pollution, her ability to flit through the world, and how much snuggles, hugs, and kisses she requires daily.

I think it's safe to say she's a special little girl, and I love her with all my heart.

2 comments:

MorahMommy said...

Happy Birthday! I know exactly how you feel. I can hardly believe that my little baby will be ten at the end of the month!

Where has the time gone?

Wishing Girl Terror all that she wishes for!

Sara said...

Crazy to think that she is now 8! And only recently (by that I mean yesterday) experienced the thrill of a cooked marshmallow.

Of course she is the sweetest, but I am hoping that "mummy" is a reference to motherhood, not the living dead.