Saturday, October 15, 2011

Communicating with a seven year old boy.

Scene:  Last night, while watching TV.  Yes, I know.....If I want answers I should really take him to an empty room, sit him in a metal chair, and shine the lone lightbulb in his eyes.

Note:  Many of my lines were repeated, while waiting for a response.

Me:  So, did you give your teacher your pizza money today?

Boy Terror:  (silence)

Me:  Hey!!!  Did you give your teacher your pizza money today?

BT:  Hmmmm? What money?

Me:  The money that I put in the envelope, and put in your backpack.

BT:  Oh that.  I remember that.  I put it in my backpack.

Me:  And then, when you got to school, did you give it to your teacher?

BT:  Yep.

Me:  Did she say anything?

BT:  Nope.  She wasn't there.

Me:  She wasn't there?  Then how did you give her the money??

BT:  I gave it to the substitute.

Me:  Oh.  And did the substitute put it on the teacher's desk?

BT:  She didn't know what to do with it.

Me:  Seriously??  So what did she do with it?

BT:  She put it back on my desk.

Me:  YOUR desk?  She put the money back on your desk?

BT:  Yep.

Me:  IS IT STILL THERE??

BT:  Nope.

Me:  Where is it?!!

BT:  She put it on my desk.

Me:  Got that.  What happened after that?

BT:  She didn't know what to do with it.

Me:  I heard.  Is it still on your desk?

BT:  I don't think so.

Me:  Was it on your desk at the end of the day??

BT:  Yep.

Me:  Was it on your desk when you left to come home?

BT:  Nope.

Me:  Do you know where it is right now????

BT:  In my backpack.

Me:  The envelope is still in your backpack?!

BT:  I tried giving it to the teacher.

Me:  So, right now, if I go upstairs, I will find the money IN YOUR BACKPACK???

BT:  I think so.


This is why I'm grey.  And also why he might not get pizza.

1 comment:

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

So this is what I have to look forward to in just a couple of years, eh?