Saturday, October 06, 2012
I love Thanksgiving. It reminds me of Christmas (CHRISTMAS!!!!) and it's just a great time to remind myself how lucky I am. So with that, here is my list of Things I am Grateful For:
1. My husband. Trust me, that man puts up with a lot. He is solid and dependable. He makes me laugh every day. He knows when to hug me, and when to leave me the hell alone. I can't imagine life without him.
2. The Terrors. They are truly amazing little creatures. I adore them! They are smart, funny, polite kids.
3. My house. Okay, currently I hate my house. It's for sale, and I want to MOVE ON. But it is still a lovely home. I am so grateful to have a safe warm place to call my own. I often realize that things could be So. Much. Worse.
4. My friends are the best! Having/finding/keeping friends once you are an adult can be tricky. I am very fortunate to have a strong group of fabulous people around me. They make me laugh, they hug me (when I let them), they support me and listen to my ramblings. I love my friends dearly.
5. My job. I love, love, love what I do. Even when I am complaining, I love it. Every day is fast paced and exciting. I know that I am truly making a difference to some of my kids. I feel like I contribute something "real" to the world, and it makes me feel great. My boss always has an open door and an open mind. My co-workers are (for the most part) a really cool group of educators. I can't imagine doing anything else with my life.
6. You didn't think I would forget Lucy the Dog, did you?? I adore her furry little face. She has unconditional love for me, all the time, even when I yell at her for eating poop. I have to mention Scipio the Cat as well....he is a gorgeous kitty and I love him to bits.
7. I have even more things I'm thankful for, but I just finished a giant turkey dinner (thankful!) with my wonderful friends (thankful!) and now I'm snuggled into my new PJ's (thankful!) for the night. I hope you all have as many blessings in your life as I do, and that you remember to breathe deeply and take stock. Remember, it could always be worse.
Posted by AverageMom at 9:45 PM