Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Catching up

I know, I know, I suck.  It's just that life has not been very exciting, so I had nothing to write about!  Also, I am lazy.  Very lazy.

The bake sale was a huge success!  We raised $450 and got a picture on the front page of the local paper.  Don't get too excited....ravens regularly get on the front page, as do random clouds, snow drifts, and rivers.

I haven't talked about Boy Terror lately, but he's doing great.  GREAT!  There was a fire alarm at his school yesterday, and even though he was mid-poop, and very surprised by the alarm, he dealt with it in a calm manner.  No panic, no tears, and no melt-down.  Very exciting!  Last night he was invited to a friend's place for an after school play date.  This is thrilling to us as parents, because we were both social disasters growing up, and we were afraid our little introvert might never have friends.  They played video games, and ran wild, and had a blast!  Woo hoo!  Hubby pointed out that it was a bit weird for Boy Terror to go play with this particular child, since HIS father used to game with Hubby!  Back in the day, they worked at Pizza Hut together, and sat in dark basements playing role playing games that made their mothers cringe.  Oh, the joys of a small town.  Everyone knows your name, your employment history, your relationship stories, and can recite the tale of the one time you did something stupid.


1 comment:

SSTyrner said...

Oh Yeah.
You are so right about the small town thing. I'm lucky: most times, when I see "people" in the town, they ask where I have been because they haven't seen me in years.

Great to hear that the Boy is getting more socialized (like a puppy...?) and can get out of his shell to have fun!